Thursday, January 18, 2007

Quick update...

Wow, I have really been neglecting this for a long time, huh? Well, I guess it's time for a quick update:

* Brink and I got engaged!

He proposed on Dec. 23, 2006, while we were flying fr
om Columbia to Memphis to spend Christmas with my family. Actually, he had our captain pop the question to me, somewhere over Chattanooga, Tenn., going 410 mph, at 28,000 feet. It was an absolute surprise to me, but not to my family and high school friends; Brink had given them the heads up, and they were all waiting for us at the Memphis airport. It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks, but we have set a date and a location -- Oct. 13, 2007, in Charleston, S.C. -- and the planning is in full swing!

* We are thinking of building a new house... Our current house is wonderful, but it just needs a lot of work, on a lot of different things, and we think it might make us happier as a rental property than as our home. Plus, Brink would love to design and maybe contract the new house himself, so that would be a whole new adventure.

* We traveled to Palm Beach, Fla., in December for Peter & Kate's wedding. It was a fantastic four-day weekend, and the ceremony and reception were absolutely wonderful. Plus, I got to see Jacob, whom I hadn't seen in about a year and a half. He's about to move to St. Croix, so who knows when the next time will be. We all had a blast, and I'll include a photo below:



I guess that's about it for now... I promise more has happened over the past few months, but those are the highlights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home